Respect the organizers and the directions they provide. Respect the other athletes in case of need or incident, providing assistance and notifying to the organizational staff. Respect the fauna and the flora; do not discard trash on the trail (on penalty of disqualification). Strictly follow the route, which will be appropriately indicated with red flags for the climb and yellow for the descent.
Every athlete must have:
- appropriate training
- good mental and physical capacity to face mountain trails in high mountain terrain
- capacity to face adverse weather conditions such as rain and wind.
The registration time end at 24.00 p.m. Sunday August 26, 2012. Registrations will not be accepted after this date.
Every competitor must register:
- by completing the downloadable form below and sending it by fax to the Town Hall of Charvensod (+39 0165 279771).
- by completing the on line registration
The competitors must be provided with the registration form, the receipt of payment and a medical certificate (issued by a sports medicine center with validity on the date of the competition) to be sent not later than the 26th August 2012 by fax to the Town Hall of Charvensod (+39 0165 279771) or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The registration fee is 35.00€ for who pay not later than the 15th August and it is 40,00€ for who pay from 16th to 26th of August and includes the luncheon at the end of the competition. Payment of the registration fee may be made:
- by bank transfer to Associazione sportiva dilettantistica Becca di Nona skyrace IBAN IT07A0858736440000020112234, within 24,00 hours of the 26th August
- directly at the window of the BCC Valdostana, within 24,00 hours of the 26th August
Volunteers will be located along the entire route to assist the athletes and notify the emergency staff in case of accident. Alpine guides and Emergency technicians of the Finance Police will be located from the Ponteilles region to the peak of the Becca di Nona, assisted by two doctors who will ensure safety and intervene in case of incident, providing first aid and the evacuation of the injured party. A doctor will be continuously present at the arrival point. Any runner who calls upon a doctor or emergency technician shall be subject to his or her authority and agrees to respect his or her decisions.
Prize award and reimbursement of expenses in cash
This will be take place at the end of the competition in Plan Félinaz at approximately 3:00 p.m. The competitors of the "Aosta-Charvensod-Becca di Nona-Charvensod (Plan Félinaz)" will be qualified according to the time of climb and the arrival time, with required arrival at Plan Félinaz.
There will be a separate classification for the "Aosta-Charvensod-Becca di Nona." All those who reach the peak after 3hrs. 20 min. (second timing gate), will be included in the single climb qualification. Competition packet (with Raidlight technical material) for the first 300 competitors who make the complete inscription. Reimbursement of expenses in cash are distributed as follows:
|Male category||Female category|
|1st 1000 Euro||1st 1000 Euro|
|2nd 700 Euro||2nd 700 Euro|
|3rd 500 Euro||3rd 500 Euro|
|4th 300 Euro|
|5th 150 Euro|
|Male category||Female category|
|1st 500 Euro||1st 500 Euro|
|2nd 300 Euro||2nd 300 Euro|
|3rd 200 Euro||3rd 200 Euro|
Associazione sportiva dilettantistica "Becca di Nona Skyrace".
Route trials and modifications
Two separate qualifications will take place:
- AOSTA-BECCA DI NONA single climb
- AOSTA-BECCA DI NONA-CHARVENSOD. Competitors of the "Aosta-Charvensod-Becca di Nona-Charvensod (Plan Félinaz)" will be qualified by the time of climb and the arrival time, with required arrival in Plan Félinaz.
The route may change in case of bad weather or unforeseen events. The organization reserves the right to change the route or the location of the first aid stations and rest stops at any time, without advance notice. In case of bad weather, the departure can be postponed or modified. In case of bad weather, and for safety reasons, the organization reserves the right to change the competition underway or to change the time limits. Every decision will be made by a jury composed of the course director, the coordinator responsible for safety and the checkpoints administrators. In case of bad weather, the organization shall not provide transportation of the bags with a change of clothing at the AOSTA-BECCA DI NONA single climb arrival.
- Obligatory items: long-sleeved windbreaker jacket and long pants (paper-type material is prohibited)
- Walking sticks are optional
All number tags will be provided on Saturday before the competition at the sports ground "Fuori Gioco" in Plan Félinaz (fraz. Plan Félinaz, 123 Charvensod 11020) or on Sunday morning from 7.30 a.m. to 8.30 a.m. in Chanoux place (Aosta). The number tag must be fully visible throughout the entire course.
The athletes will be carry by the shuttle service to Chanoux place on Sunday morning from 7.00 a.m. to 8.30 a.m.
Checkpoint-resupply and timing gates
The "Briefing", will take place on Saturday at 7.00 p.m. at the sports ground in Plan Félinaz (Charvensod), will identify the precise list of the rest stops and points for food and beverages. The rest stops will be appropriately indicated by signs. The timing gates will be located at:
- Loc. Ponteille (1706 m above sea level) 1hours and 45 mins. into the competition
- Becca di Nona peak (3142 m above sea level) 3hours and 20 mins. into the competition
All those who reach the peak after the 3hours and 20 mins. into the competition will be included in the single climb qualification.
In case of bad weather and/or for safety reasons the organization reserves the right to change the trial underway or to change the timing gates.
Leaving the course
Anyone who leaves the course must transmit the desertion to the nearest checkpoint and must re-enter, if necessary, the point of departure with vehicles of the organization as soon as available, in case of injury re-entry will take place immediately.
Penalties and disqualifications
The competition jury may declare the disqualification of a competitor in case of serious default of the regulation, in particular in case of:
- number tag worn inappropriately
- failure to pass through a checkpoint (even before the departure)
- use of a vehicle
- departure from a checkpoint after the time limit
- failure assistance to another competitor in case of difficulty
- pollution or damage to the site by a competitor or a member of its staff
- insults, rudeness or threat against the members of the organization or the volunteers
Only written complaints are accepted in the 30 minutes that follow determination of the provisional results upon payment of a 50 Euro deposit.
JuryThe jury is composed of the racecourse director, by the security director and by the checkpoint administrators.